Software Developer/ Data Scientist with Platform Development Experience (m/f/x)
Scaletech is a cleantech advisory firm working for multilateral institutions, private companies, and research bodies. Our focus is on cleantech innovation and the global scaling of cleantech through transfer and adoption to new locations in emerging and developing economies.
We provide advice on quantitative market research, financing options, go-to-market strategies, and physical redesign of aspects of the product that correspond to specific demands by users in the target market. We closely collaborate with international cleantech centers of excellence like MIT. Our clients have included the World Bank, United Nations, multinational companies wishing to innovate in their deployment of green technologies, and a range of startups. As part of our vision, we are also developing a digital product, our decision analysis platform, which is aimed at supporting the scaling process.
To strengthen our international team at our Potsdam headquarters, we are looking for a Software Developer/ Data Scientist with Platform Development Experience (m/f/x) full-time as soon as possible.
Database design, development, and maintenance
- Design and development of a relational database and complete lifecycle management.
- Develop, install, and maintain processes for optimizing database performance, access, and reliability.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
Web application design, development, and maintenance
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Design and develop website layout/user interfaces using modern front-end frameworks and libraries such as React.js, and css.
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases using back-end databases like Node.js
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our application.
Depending on the candidate’s profile, there is a possibility to be involved in the company’s daily consulting activities; and to help senior management define the company’s broader long-term strategy.
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information technologies, or similar.
- You have strong experience designing and developing databases if given a large dataset.
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and pgAdmin.
- Ability to hand-code, analyze, debug, and deliver clean, validated, maintainable code.
- Ability to write database queries and code while maintaining data quality is an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of web application development project cycle and at least two years of experience in web application development.
- Experience in developing single-page web applications for multiple platforms and browsers.
- Knowledge of common web security best practices is an advantage.
- You have already gathered working experience in a startup environment.
- You have a self-starter mentality, work conscientiously, and are solution oriented.
- You bring a passion for sustainable technologies and climate change adaptation/mitigation.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
What we offer
- A permanent employment engagement in a future-oriented company.
- Work with purpose. You will help scale cleantech where it is needed most.
- A lot of creative freedom and a pleasant working atmosphere in a young, very international team.
- A great office in the middle of Potsdam, just outside the gates of Berlin.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (CV and short cover letter), including the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.